A majority of employers (77%) say soft skills are just as important as hard skills when evaluating applicants, says a new CareerBuilder survey.
The 10 most popular soft skills employers look for (in order):
- strong work ethic
- positive attitude
- works well under pressure
- effective communicator
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are there ADA implications if we ask applicants to take personality tests?
- Is it legally risky to refuse to hire people who have been arrested?
- Defend against retaliation claims: Good records can stop whistle-blower complaints
- Persistence has XM Radio beaming