A Manhattan court stenographer’s job dissatisfaction is part of the official record after he repeatedly typed, “I hate my job, I hate my job” into the transcripts of 30 trials.
Missing: Any record of what judges, attorneys and witnesses said in court. Ten convictions currently on appeal may be tossed out. The man was fired.
- Got leaders? Ask a jury of their peers
- A matter of trust: 4 ways to defend against employee disloyalty
- Take every suit seriously--even those in which employee is acting as her own lawyer
- Making economic argument for staff cuts? Better make sure the math adds up
- When handing out discipline, make punishment fit the crime