Was demography or economic distress to blame for the sudden jump in age discrimination charges between 2006 and 2008? Of note: The first baby boomers turned 60 in 2006.
- Lawsuit accuses temp agency of gender bias, retaliation
- Beware overly broad drug policies, which could violate ADA rules about revealing a disability
- Have business justification for hiring rules that could cause disparate impact
- Violent reaction from boss may trigger retaliation lawsuit
- Don't let petty grievances cost you sleep: They seldom cause discrimination liability