Two former top executives have filed suit against Ubiquity Brands, the parent company of Jays Foods, over severance pay and unused vacation time that went unpaid when the company filed for bankruptcy in October. The two claim they lost their positions without cause during a Sept. 7 restructuring.
Former Chief Financial Officer William McManaman and former Chief Information Officer Gary Rietz filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court, alleging breach of contract and violations of the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act. The suit also seeks punitive damages.
- Harassment Investigations Must Be 'Fundamentally Fair' to the Accused
- If FMLA is issue, log time of firing decision
- If we fire a lazy employee, will she be eligible to collect unemployment benefits?
- Asking worker to stay can counter constructive discharge
- Can I terminate a cashier who just filed for bankruptcy?