Two former top executives have filed suit against Ubiquity Brands, the parent company of Jays Foods, over severance pay and unused vacation time that went unpaid when the company filed for bankruptcy in October. The two claim they lost their positions without cause during a Sept. 7 restructuring.
Former Chief Financial Officer William McManaman and former Chief Information Officer Gary Rietz filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court, alleging breach of contract and violations of the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act. The suit also seeks punitive damages.
- Whistle-Blower being cut? Run termination by counsel before sending letter
- Understanding religious accommodations in Georgia workplaces
- Bad hair day: Fired for refusing to color the gray?
- Don't pile on reasons for firing; you're spoiling for retaliation fight in court
- How to avoid 'at-will' legal limbo: Have attorney prepare employment contracts