Two former top executives have filed suit against Ubiquity Brands, the parent company of Jays Foods, over severance pay and unused vacation time that went unpaid when the company filed for bankruptcy in October. The two claim they lost their positions without cause during a Sept. 7 restructuring.
Former Chief Financial Officer William McManaman and former Chief Information Officer Gary Rietz filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court, alleging breach of contract and violations of the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act. The suit also seeks punitive damages.
- Boss triggers lawsuits? Review all decisions
- Personnel files: What to keep, and where
- Supremes start work: 3 employment law cases on High Court docket this year
- Exempt employee does some hourly work? Here's how to preserve exempt classification
- Vice president says he was fired for passing the CEO's joint