Two former top executives have filed suit against Ubiquity Brands, the parent company of Jays Foods, over severance pay and unused vacation time that went unpaid when the company filed for bankruptcy in October. The two claim they lost their positions without cause during a Sept. 7 restructuring.
Former Chief Financial Officer William McManaman and former Chief Information Officer Gary Rietz filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court, alleging breach of contract and violations of the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act. The suit also seeks punitive damages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Fired employee bad-mouthing company to former co-workers: What should I say?
- How to challenge an unemployment claim
- Design smoker surcharges to cut costs, preserve morale
- Employee won't cooperate with investigation? That's legitimate grounds for discharge