The Jamba Juice smoothy chain is finding summer employees with culinary skills through a government program that offers job training to youth.
The Emeryville, Calif., company has partnered with the San Francisco Treasure Island Job Corps to hire thousands of 17- to 24-year-olds for entry-level positions.
Jamba Juice got a nod from President Obama last year after it worked with the federal training program to hire 6,600 employees nationwide.
Jamba Juice has started accepting online applications and conducted job interviews at its 750 stores during its annual National Hiring Day in March.
Contact: Mike Fuccillo of Jamba Juice, (781) 775-4546.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How can I do a better job of screening applicants?
- Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring
- Be prepared to show business necessity if hiring rule excludes members of protected class
- Use TEAM approach to stay union-free in a union-friendly world