The Jamba Juice smoothy chain is finding summer employees with culinary skills through a government program that offers job training to youth.
The Emeryville, Calif., company has partnered with the San Francisco Treasure Island Job Corps to hire thousands of 17- to 24-year-olds for entry-level positions.
Jamba Juice got a nod from President Obama last year after it worked with the federal training program to hire 6,600 employees nationwide.
Jamba Juice has started accepting online applications and conducted job interviews at its 750 stores during its annual National Hiring Day in March.
Contact: Mike Fuccillo of Jamba Juice, (781) 775-4546.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Stop frivolous claims with solid hiring, promotion processes consistently applied
- Prescreen job applicants to cut turnover, training costs and litigation
- Outsourcing hiring doesn't save you from liability
- Know the rules for Georgia's drug-Free workplace program