The Jamba Juice smoothy chain is finding summer employees with culinary skills through a government program that offers job training to youth.
The Emeryville, Calif., company has partnered with the San Francisco Treasure Island Job Corps to hire thousands of 17- to 24-year-olds for entry-level positions.
Jamba Juice got a nod from President Obama last year after it worked with the federal training program to hire 6,600 employees nationwide.
Jamba Juice has started accepting online applications and conducted job interviews at its 750 stores during its annual National Hiring Day in March.
Contact: Mike Fuccillo of Jamba Juice, (781) 775-4546.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Verifying education claims? Don't just call the school
- Ensure doctors are fully credentialed for workers' comp duty
- 2011 salaries expected to remain the same -- Increase your income odds with 4 ongoing strategies
- Clicking for career advice