The general manager resigned, and the head golf pro was fired at Egypt Valley Country Club in Ada after a former assistant golf pro filed a $100,000 lawsuit over sexual bullying.
Matthew Townsley claims he was fired after complaining about the behavior of former general manager Steve Pastoor, which allegedly included Pastoor pressing his buttocks against Townsley and passing gas, a move Pastoor allegedly called an “anal kiss.”
Townsley seeks reinstatement and damages.
- Fashion tip for the fall season: Don't tolerate teasing about clothing
- Promises, promises: Well-intentioned words may send fired employee in search of an attorney
- Quit over offensive graffiti? He can get unemployment
- Apply zero-tolerance policy on workplace violence across the board
- Put reasonable limits on who can take complaints