The general manager resigned, and the head golf pro was fired at Egypt Valley Country Club in Ada after a former assistant golf pro filed a $100,000 lawsuit over sexual bullying.
Matthew Townsley claims he was fired after complaining about the behavior of former general manager Steve Pastoor, which allegedly included Pastoor pressing his buttocks against Townsley and passing gas, a move Pastoor allegedly called an “anal kiss.”
Townsley seeks reinstatement and damages.
- Don't sweat innocent mistakes when deciding on disciplining
- Steer clear of blanket hiring policies that stymie disabled applicants
- Watch out! Firing employee who needs maternity leave may be sex discrimination
- Bias against unemployed now illegal in New Jersey
- Ensure management training covers harassment