The general manager resigned, and the head golf pro was fired at Egypt Valley Country Club in Ada after a former assistant golf pro filed a $100,000 lawsuit over sexual bullying.
Matthew Townsley claims he was fired after complaining about the behavior of former general manager Steve Pastoor, which allegedly included Pastoor pressing his buttocks against Townsley and passing gas, a move Pastoor allegedly called an “anal kiss.”
Townsley seeks reinstatement and damages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Was accent on no accents at tony Princeton Club?
- Ohio Supreme Court narrows right to file wrongful discharge claim
- Crom companies head to court to defend harassment charges
- Checklist: A practical guide to investigating workplace harassment