The general manager resigned, and the head golf pro was fired at Egypt Valley Country Club in Ada after a former assistant golf pro filed a $100,000 lawsuit over sexual bullying.
Matthew Townsley claims he was fired after complaining about the behavior of former general manager Steve Pastoor, which allegedly included Pastoor pressing his buttocks against Townsley and passing gas, a move Pastoor allegedly called an “anal kiss.”
Townsley seeks reinstatement and damages.
- Retaliation nation: Reacting to complaint? Zip it!
- Lack of female supervisors a red flag for discrimination
- Vanguard settles Charlotte race bias case for $300,000
- Beware new court trend: Employees use expert to shift blame for failure
- Fix racial harassment before hostile environment starts affecting employee performance