Traditionally, men and women have very different styles of. Here are two scenarios to get a sense of the differences:
Scenario 1: Tom knocks on his manager Bob’s door. Bob is looking at papers and doesn’t look up for several seconds, although he knows Tom is standing there. Finally, he says brusquely, “What’s up?” Tom says, “I’m having a tough time with this project and could use your help.”
Bob replies, “This is not a difficult project, Tom. Go back, do your homework, get the job done, and meet your deadline. If you still can’t do it, ask your supervisor for help. I don’t have time right now.”
Scenario 2: Tom knocks on his manager Sharon’s door. She looks up and smiles. “You look a bit frazzled, Tom. Anything I can help you with?” Tom says, “I’m having a tough time with this project and could use your help.”
Sharon replies, “Sure. Have a seat, and let’s take a look.” Tom sits down and goes over the problem areas ...(register to read more)
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- If employee has authority to hire and fire, is he automatically eligible for exempt classification?
- Former broker files whistle-Blower suit following fraud investigation
- Employee moonlighting: Should you ban it?
- Don't just be a boss--be a leader: 4 easy steps