President Obama has signed two executive orders that the White House says will promote pay equity for American workers. The first prohibits federal government contractors from retaliating against employees for discussing pay issues with one another.
The second orders the Department of Labor to establish new regulations requiring federal contractors to report the compensation they provide their employees by sex and race. Administration officials said they plan to use the data to conduct “targeted enforcement” against contractors suspected of pay discrimination.
- Former employees to collect overdue profit-sharing funds
- Using independent contractors? Check your workers' comp policy for legal time bombs
- Avoid equal pay suit by comparing employees' duties, not titles
- Understanding How The ADAAA And The New EEOC Regulations Have Changed The ADA
- 20/20: Small business best benefits practices