President Obama has signed two executive orders that the White House says will promote pay equity for American workers. The first prohibits federal government contractors from retaliating against employees for discussing pay issues with one another.
The second orders the Department of Labor to establish new regulations requiring federal contractors to report the compensation they provide their employees by sex and race. Administration officials said they plan to use the data to conduct “targeted enforcement” against contractors suspected of pay discrimination.
- If you hire illegal workers, better pay them
- Work is close to home for spirits maker's employees
- Hiring contractors? Let them work for others, too
- In California, raise arbitration issue before administrative hearing on unpaid wages
- Fired sales rep did not return our iPad! Can we deduct its value from his last check?