President Obama has signed two executive orders that the White House says will promote pay equity for American workers. The first prohibits federal government contractors from retaliating against employees for discussing pay issues with one another.
The second orders the Department of Labor to establish new regulations requiring federal contractors to report the compensation they provide their employees by sex and race. Administration officials said they plan to use the data to conduct “targeted enforcement” against contractors suspected of pay discrimination.
- What if an employee has more than one wage assignment going on simultaneously?
- Hourly computer programmers and overtime pay
- Can we legally give extra vacation time to certain workers; and must we pay for unused days?
- Align comp & benefits with phased-Retirement options
- Keeping pay info mum may give employees more time to sue