President Obama has signed two executive orders that the White House says will promote pay equity for American workers. The first prohibits federal government contractors from retaliating against employees for discussing pay issues with one another.
The second orders the Department of Labor to establish new regulations requiring federal contractors to report the compensation they provide their employees by sex and race. Administration officials said they plan to use the data to conduct “targeted enforcement” against contractors suspected of pay discrimination.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 ways to motivate employees toward self-empowerment
- Different pay for men and women? Prepare to explain 'other than sex' factors
- Time to post Florida's new minimum-wage poster
- How should we handle nonexempt pay for overnight, off-site meeting trips?