By Lee Polevoi
With every effective team, there comes a time when the person in charge can shift his or her focus from managing to coaching. Coaching enables people to improve their skills, broaden their perspective and continue their personal and professional growth. Coaching fosters an environment of respect and support, where each team member’s potential is encouraged and supported.
The transition from manager to coach doesn’t have to be earthshaking, nor does it have to require additional work. It’s an investment in time and effort with a huge potential payoff—highly motivated team members who are more proactive, self-sufficient and want to stay in the organization.
Coaching also benefits you. Here’s how:
- Less time spent monitoring day-today operations
- Less time correcting negative team behavior
- More time to spend on strategic planning
- More time to evaluate new opportunities for serving customers
- More time to work o...(register to read more)