The business world is always shifting and evolving, but you don’t have to throw out your tried-and-tested strategies to benefit from new techniques. In fact, new tricks can complement your existing style. Here are four moderntechniques to try:
1. Power down.
Now that managers are almost always connected to work and employees through mobile devices, the managerial focus on truly connecting with employees has waned. Odd as it may sound, the new trend in modern management isn’t to adopt more technology; it’s to power down, and go back to the basics. As Henry Mintzberg, professor of management studies and faculty director at McGill University in Montreal, says, despite the convenience that technology has brought to business, “new technologies have unintended negative and harassing effects.” Research indicates that although managers and their teams now have more connections, they have far fewer relationships. “Manager...(register to read more)
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- On the hook for FMLA transgression? Offer immediate reinstatement to cut liability
- Hire education: Filling job positions without inviting lawsuits
- HR Groups Rally Around Legislation to Create New Electronic Verification System
- If employee has authority to hire and fire, is he automatically eligible for exempt classification?