In business, success comes with a simple equation: Set a goal + achieve the goal = success. According to this logic, if you set a goal and don’t achieve it, you have failed.
But everyone has a fear of failure. Successful people manage to overcome this fear, as well as the fear of criticism and rejection.
There are many reasons people fear failure, including:
- They think failure is a statement about who they are, rather than an unsuccessful attempt to reach an objective.
- They have been traumatized by a failed attempt in the past and won’t try anything new.
- They are so obsessed with perfection that anything less than total success equals failure in their eyes.
- They have been harshly criticized by others and have internalized a negative view of themselves.
- They believe that success either comes right away or not at all. They forget that people rarely achieve success on the first attempt.
Setting goals sometimes comes with a vi...(register to read more)