Q. Can part-time employees be salaried? — JMDG, New Jersey
A. Yes, under the Fair Labor Standards Act, part-timers can be paid a salary and considered exempt from overtime. Of course, it is unusual for part-timers to work enough hours to earn overtime. However, if the job duties allow him to be classified as overtime-exempt, there’s certainly no problem with working part time.
- 30 employers band together in surgical benefits consortium
- City pushes financial wellness alongside medical checkups
- Same job titles don't always demand identical pay
- Pay tops job security as #1 reason for job satisfaction
- GAO pokes a stick at Wage & Hour auditors, waking them up for more aggressive OT probes