Sen. Tom Harkin, D–Iowa, has introduced legislation to create a new government-backed private pension system allowing employees to put away up to 6% of pay each year.
Employees who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement benefit plan would be automatically enrolled in the “USA Retirement Funds” program. Workers could opt out if they don’t want to participate.They would contribute via payroll deductions. Employers would not have to contribute to the funds.
- New York PR firm allows time for employees to recharge
- Illinois Workers' Compensation Law
- Firing a boss who's racially insensitive? You can cite 'poor performance' as reason
- If fired employee was truly awful, do I still have to give him final wages?
- When high-level harassment erupts, act fast to prevent even worse legal trouble