Sen. Tom Harkin, D–Iowa, has introduced legislation to create a new government-backed private pension system allowing employees to put away up to 6% of pay each year.
Employees who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement benefit plan would be automatically enrolled in the “USA Retirement Funds” program. Workers could opt out if they don’t want to participate.They would contribute via. Employers would not have to contribute to the funds.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Good news and bad news from the feds
- State sets 2007 benefit levels for UI, disability and workers' comp
- Provide wage statements to all employees--even if they can't give a Social Security number
- Using licensed labor? Beware hidden workers' comp, wage-and-hour liability trap