Sen. Tom Harkin, D–Iowa, has introduced legislation to create a new government-backed private pension system allowing employees to put away up to 6% of pay each year.
Employees who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement benefit plan would be automatically enrolled in the “USA Retirement Funds” program. Workers could opt out if they don’t want to participate.They would contribute via. Employers would not have to contribute to the funds.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 5 ways to keep mandatory overtime from boiling over
- California's wage-and-hour laws apply to everyone--even foreign-owned corporations
- Obtain written OK for wage deductions
- Is it legal for us to restrict when employees may take small amounts of vacation time?