Sen. Tom Harkin, D–Iowa, has introduced legislation to create a new government-backed private pension system allowing employees to put away up to 6% of pay each year.
Employees who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement benefit plan would be automatically enrolled in the “USA Retirement Funds” program. Workers could opt out if they don’t want to participate.They would contribute via. Employers would not have to contribute to the funds.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Software firm's staff average 10 years of tenure
- Oakland trucking company restores nearly $2M to 401(k)s
- The things we do for love: Help newlyweds keep pay in order
- Lilly and Carlos: Questions and answers on the Ledbetter Act's unintended consequences