Sen. Tom Harkin, D–Iowa, has introduced legislation to create a new government-backed private pension system allowing employees to put away up to 6% of pay each year.
Employees who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement benefit plan would be automatically enrolled in the “USA Retirement Funds” program. Workers could opt out if they don’t want to participate.They would contribute via. Employers would not have to contribute to the funds.
- Workers' compensation can cover cosmetic surgery for injured employee
- Should we give reviews to independent contractors?
- Are we allowed to require employees to receive their wages through paycards?
- Study: 2008 market crash delayed retirement for 23%
- California bill would turn pro cheerleaders into employees