At SC Johnson, work/life benefits are the company’s signal that it respects employees’ lives outside of work. Among the perks it offers:
- Flex schedules and compressed workweeks
- Paid sabbaticals
- Benefits for domestic partners
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- On-site childcare and off-site childcare vouchers
- On-campus cafeterias and banks.
An on-site concierge takes care of mailing and receiving employee packages, sending flowers and arranging grocery deliveries and car maintenance.
Retirees get a lifetime membership to the company’s gym.
For a job well done, employees can earn financial awards for key accomplishments. SC Johnson also offers profit sharing based on company profits, job level and years of service. It recognizes employees on the anniversary of their hiring and gives awards for 20, 30 and 40 years of service.
Contact: Shirley Langley of SC Johnson, (800) 494-4855.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be ready to explain male/female pay disparity—dating back to the time salaries began to diverge
- States look to copy San Fran's new paid-Leave law
- Welcoming A Wellness Program Into Your Workplace
- What if we can't set up direct deposit fast enough to deliver final paycheck in time?