At SC Johnson, work/life benefits are the company’s signal that it respects employees’ lives outside of work. Among the perks it offers:
- Flex schedules and compressed workweeks
- Paid sabbaticals
- Benefits for domestic partners
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- On-site childcare and off-site childcare vouchers
- On-campus cafeterias and banks.
An on-site concierge takes care of mailing and receiving employee packages, sending flowers and arranging grocery deliveries and car maintenance.
Retirees get a lifetime membership to the company’s gym.
For a job well done, employees can earn financial awards for key accomplishments. SC Johnson also offers profit sharing based on company profits, job level and years of service. It recognizes employees on the anniversary of their hiring and gives awards for 20, 30 and 40 years of service.
Contact: Shirley Langley of SC Johnson, (800) 494-4855.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Minimum wage: Brush up on your legal obligations
- Payroll records: Fine-tune exempt, nonexempt timekeeping
- Use greater experience, extra skills to justify why you pay some employees more than others
- Length of Job Doesn't Figure in Contractor Status