In January, the Marriott International hotel chain began accepting applications from job-seekers who apply via their cellphones and tablets. The hospitality giant says it is the first in the industry to offer mobile job applications to would-be employees.
“We recognize that the job hunt is changing rapidly,” says David Rodriguez, executive vice-president of HR, who notes that 70% of job-seekers use mobile devices to research job openings.
“We believe that investing in new mobile technology is critical to attracting talent,” Rodriguez says, “especially millennials and those in emerging markets who depend on their mobile devices more than any other generation before them.”
Candidates can use their smartphones and tablets to learn about and apply for jobs at jobs.marriott.com. They may type in their information or import it directly from their LinkedIn profiles. The app is available in six languages.
Contact: Angela Wiggins of Marriott International, (301) 380-7277.
- Is there a legal way to ask if candidates will be able to work weekends and after hours?
- Prepare for lawsuit if you change hiring criteria in middle of selection process
- What are the new rules on observation of DOT-mandated drug and alcohol tests?
- What can the HIRE Act do for our company?
- Amputee fought discrimination, wins chance to fight fires