Employees, retirees and contractors of the Dow Chemical Co.’s Midland, Mich., operation can get free home energy audits.
The company has partnered with Dr. Energy Saver Lansing, a home performance and energy service. The perk includes:
- A whole house energy audit worth about $425 to pinpoint air leaks in employees’ homes where heated or cooled air can escape to the outside or get indoors
- Tests with fans and an infrared camera to help identify more leaks
- A list of recommended home improvements that, when completed, will help make the home more comfortable and less expensive to operate
- An itemized cost estimate for recommended labor and materials, along with instructions for applying for applicable government tax credits, utility rebates and other incentives
- A discount of 5% on work performed to seal the air leaks.
Contact: Cathi Albright of Dr. Energy Saver, (517) 646-4026.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Sports apparel firm pushes fitness, team spirit
- Employee stops, pops, scores workers' compensation claim
- NYC law firm settles partner's age discrimination case
- Check your pay rates! Obvious male/female disparity is probably 'willful' discrimination