According to a survey by the office supply chain Banner Business Services, pens and Post-it notes lead the list of things that somehow manage to jump into our purses and briefcases and make their way into our homes (or the kids’ school backpacks).
Those items sort of make sense. They’re small and ... hey, they could have just accidentally wound up in the kitchen junk drawer! But toilet paper?
The 10 most commonly pilfered office supplies
% of employees who admit stealing:
- New case shows legal risks of 'papering' fired employee's file
- The 'new' ADA: How to handle employee disabilities
- Audit disciplinary records to ensure protected employees aren't being unfairly punished
- How not to handle FMLA leave: Bank learns the hard way that following the law isn't optional
- Alternative staffing models may save on employment costs