President Obama on March 13 ordered the U.S. Department of Labor to propose rules to “update and modernize America’s overtime pay system, so that millions of our nation’s salaried workers will have the protections of overtime pay.” The process, which will take months, could make overtime pay available to more management employees who are now considered exempt under the FLSA.
- Small amount at stake in employee suit? Know when it's best to consider settling
- Flat rate leads to lump-sum settlement
- Defying expectations: Why failing to live up to stereotypes won't make worker's suit a winner
- Beware misclassifying inside sales staff
- Does our 'sick leave bonus' count toward employee's regular rate of pay?