Under final Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations issued in February, for the 2015 plan year only, large employers with at least 100 employees during 2014 must either offer 70% of full-time employees and their nonspouse dependents affordable health insurance that provides minimum value or pay a free-rider penalty. Beginning with the 2016 plan year, offers of coverage must be made to 95% of full-time employees and their nonspouse dependents.
The final ACA regulations also offer a break to midsize employers. Employers with up to 99 employees during 2014 have until the 2016 plan year to comply with these play-or-pay regs.
The final regs retain provisions on how to count employees for purposes of determining whether you’re a large employer and clarify provisions of the affordability safe harbors.
The final regs apply to periods after 2014, but you may rely on them for periods before 2015. (79 F.R. 8543, 2-12-14)
Compliance delay...(register to read more)
- Retaliation alert: Most public employees protected when reporting alleged wrongdoing
- Calculate complaint-Filing timing in EEOC and PHRC discrimination case
- What are the basic changes resulting from the ADA Amendments Act of 2008?
- DOJ files USERRA complaint against Warren County schools
- NLRB adds another wrinkle to arbitration agreement law