Under final Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations issued in February, for the 2015 plan year only, large employers with at least 100 employees during 2014 must either offer 70% of full-time employees and their nonspouse dependents affordable health insurance that provides minimum value or pay a free-rider penalty. Beginning with the 2016 plan year, offers of coverage must be made to 95% of full-time employees and their nonspouse dependents.
The final ACA regulations also offer a break to midsize employers. Employers with up to 99 employees during 2014 have until the 2016 plan year to comply with these play-or-pay regs.
The final regs retain provisions on how to count employees for purposes of determining whether you’re a large employer and clarify provisions of the affordability safe harbors.
The final regs apply to periods after 2014, but you may rely on them for periods before 2015. (79 F.R. 8543, 2-12-14)
Compliance delay...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Section 1983 claim must prove discriminatory agency policy
- How to protect yourself from Internet-Related liability
- Flexible schedules bill runs into inflexible congressional calendar
- Unions on the doorstep: EFCA compromise gains momentum in Congress