When an employee’s candy bar got snagged in a vending machine, he got a little out of hand: He banged on it and rocked it. When the 90-cent Twix bar still didn’t fall, he got way out of hand: He commandeered a forklift from his warehouse workplace to lift the machine two feet off the floor and drop it numerous times, according to an Associated Press report. Three candy bars came out.
Unsurprisingly, he was fired. He also lost his claim for unemployment benefits.
- 'Youth movement' comment not enough to sink dealership's case
- Employers get to choose cost-cutting moves
- 4 lousy excuses for not firing a poor performer
- N.C. workers can cite 'public policy' violations in wrongful discharge cases
- Lawsuit-free hiring: The 5 laws you need to know & 4 steps you need to take