When an employee’s candy bar got snagged in a vending machine, he got a little out of hand: He banged on it and rocked it. When the 90-cent Twix bar still didn’t fall, he got way out of hand: He commandeered a forklift from his warehouse workplace to lift the machine two feet off the floor and drop it numerous times, according to an Associated Press report. Three candy bars came out.
Unsurprisingly, he was fired. He also lost his claim for unemployment benefits.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Houston manufacturer settles bias lawsuit with 78 employees
- What are the ramifications of disclosing information during preliminary negotiations?
- 8 little things managers can do to retain the best
- Can you fire a poor performer who's on FMLA leave?