When an employee’s candy bar got snagged in a vending machine, he got a little out of hand: He banged on it and rocked it. When the 90-cent Twix bar still didn’t fall, he got way out of hand: He commandeered a forklift from his warehouse workplace to lift the machine two feet off the floor and drop it numerous times, according to an Associated Press report. Three candy bars came out.
Unsurprisingly, he was fired. He also lost his claim for unemployment benefits.
- Terminations: Always have a second witness to the entire meeting
- USERRA: An Employer's Guide to Military Leave Law
- OK to suspend employee who has been arrested if alleged violation would compromise safety
- N.C. discrimination complaint bars federal claim
- State Laws On Final Pay: What And When To Pay Terminating Employees