When an employee’s candy bar got snagged in a vending machine, he got a little out of hand: He banged on it and rocked it. When the 90-cent Twix bar still didn’t fall, he got way out of hand: He commandeered a forklift from his warehouse workplace to lift the machine two feet off the floor and drop it numerous times, according to an Associated Press report. Three candy bars came out.
Unsurprisingly, he was fired. He also lost his claim for unemployment benefits.
- Rule against document removal supports legit business need
- Can we fire employees who collaborated on writing letter complaining about pay cuts?
- Court loses patience with frivolous lawsuits
- Beware bias based on gender stereotyping
- Top management wants to ax 'troublemaker'? Beware wrongful termination retaliation