Your organization can help ease employee stress this holiday season by adding a few low-cost timesavers to your holiday bonus package.
Small holiday kindnesses on the part of the boss can pay off in a big way for the organization all year. Here are a dozen ways your organization can help holiday-harried employees stay productive at work:
1. Help workers with their holiday mailings. Let them drop off their personal holiday packages at the company mailroom during December. (They pay for postage, of course.)
2. Let employees use your business address when they order from web sites and catalogs this month. That way, the mailroom can accept the packages and employees won’t have to spend their Saturdays standing in line at the post office.
3. Set aside an hour a week during December for employees to shop online at their desks.
4. Institute flextime just for December if you don’t offer it already. Let workers come in and clock out two hours early so they can shop before going home in the afternoon.
5. Offer a half-day off—with pay—to go shopping. Make it clear that each employee has to arrange for the time off in advance with his or her supervisor.
6. Hand out holiday or end-of-year bonuses early so employees have cash in-hand to pay for holiday expenses.
7. Hire a massage therapist to visit the office and give mini-massages to stressed-out employees.
8. Decorate with flowers, fresh fruit or holly to brighten up the office and lift everyone’s spirits.
9. Give employees a paid day off in December to work for a charity.
10. Remind employees about your, a potentially invaluable resource for people who suffer from the holiday blues.
11. Hand out employee discount coupons for your company’s products. Note: This works best if you make products people would want to receive as holiday gifts.
12. Urge managers to say thank you to employees. Most employees would rather hear words of appreciation than tote home a turkey.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3812/12-small-holiday-timesavers-can-reduce-employee-stress "