For the second year in a row, Cary-based SAS ranked second on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 best companies to work for. SAS was joined on the 2014 list by its Cary neighbor Kimley-Horn and Associates, a design consulting firm that came in at No. 73.
Software developer SAS scored high in large part due to its on-site health center that provides health care to company employees and their families. The health center boasts a staff of 53.
Kimley-Horn has an official VP of Fun at each office, who organizes paper-airplane competitions, ice cream parties and more.
Each year, Fortune partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to identify the best places to work. This year the institute surveyed 257 companies and over 252,000 employees.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Track discipline in a way that allows easy recall
- Tap employee affinity groups to build bottom-line results
- Employee thinks he has you over a barrel? If it sounds like extortion, fire him!
- Download a new guide explaining OSHA training standards