Fortune magazine has listed its 100 best companies to work for in 2014 and Altoona-based Sheetz convenience stores is the sole Pennsylvania-based company on the list.
Sheetz ranked 87th in the nation. Reviewers noted the company’s charitable activities in the community and the company’s Olympic-style sandwich-making competitions as reasons to work there.
Additionally, employees citedthat include health insurance for all employees who work more than 20 hours per week. Those who work more than 1,000 hours in a year may participate in the company’s employee stock ownership plan.
This year marks the first time that Sheetz has made Fortune’s best-companies list. Each year, the magazine partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to identify the best places to work. This year, the institute surveyed 257 companies and more than 252,000 employees.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Put a stop to unauthorized overtime: 4 strategies
- Labor Dept: FMLA still a struggle but not a major growth barrier
- Before starting ADA accommodations process, ask basic question: Is this employee disabled?
- Afraid to discipline disabled employee? Just follow the rules