• Memo to that kid in accounting: Say hi to your mom! According to a Gallup poll, 14% of American adults between the ages of 24 and 34 live with their parents. About 75% of them are single and never married.
• Memo to top brass: You’re not worth it! A You.gov poll found that 66% of Americans believe corporate executives are paid too much; only 18% think executive salaries are “generally appropriate.” Seventy-five percent of those polled believe they have no chance to crack the wealthiest 1% themselves.
• Memo to everyone: Use your vacation days! A survey by the Expedia travel website revealed that of the 14 vacation days the average U.S. worker is allowed, only 10 get used.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- The HR I.Q. Test: May '12
- When firing follows harassment, watch out! You could be facing a retaliation lawsuit
- Promote civility, but watch for discrimination
- New laws for a new year: Illinois employers face new credit check, wage payment requirements