For all the recent talk about raising the national minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, it’s worth noting that 22 states already require pay higher than the current federal minimum of $7.25 per hour. Washington has the highest rate: $9.32 per hour.
Find an interactive map showing every state’s minimum at the Department of Labor's website.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Check your pay rates! Obvious male/female disparity is probably 'willful' discrimination
- Unemployment: States tighten eligibility, cut benefits
- Pennsylvania bill would allow paying staff via debit cards
- Health care reform: Regs, regs and more regs