Q. One of our employees is resigning at the end of the month. Can we mail her final paycheck?
A. If the employee gives at least 72 hours’ notice of her intention to quit, then her final wages (including accrued vacation) must be paid at the time of quitting and must be paid at her place of employment. If the employee gives less than 72 hours’ notice, mailing the check is sufficient.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Railroads furlough more workers in gamble business will improve
- Use lots of independent contractors? Heed new legal risks
- Potential for class-action pay lawsuit could be lurking in your food delivery fees
- AG nails contractor for wage violations in Brooklyn