1. Starting March 24, federal contractors must ask applicants to identify their __________ status at the time of application.
2. OSHA requires many employers to post a summary of workplace injuries and illness in their workplace each year during what period?
a. From Jan. 1 to March 30
b. From Feb. 1 to April 30
c. From April 1 to June 30
3. About one in 10 U.S. workers are members of a union. Which gender is more likely to be union members?
c. Both equally
4. The Treasury Department is planning to create a government-backed starter retirement savings account for low- and middle-income people. It will be called:
5. In 2009, the average job interview process lasted about 13 days. In 2013, the process averaged:
a. 12 days
b. 18 days
c. 23 days
6. When asked how they feel about their job security, what percentage of HR professionals said “very” or “somewhat” concerned?
Sources: 1. TheHRSpecialist.com/fed2014; 2. OSHA; 3. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; 4. Treasury Department; 5. Glassdoor.com study; 6. Society for Human Resourcesurvey.
Answers: 1. c 2. b 3. b 4. a 5. c 6. b
- Don't fire before knowing employee can't return from leave
- What should we do? Employee almost divulged insider-trading information on Facebook
- Be ready to justify different punishment for like offenses
- What can we tell co-workers about a new employee's sex change and transgender status?
- What are the ramifications of disclosing information during preliminary negotiations?