There were two unemployed Americans for every job opening listed online in January. An analysis by the Conference Board business group found 5.2 million online job ads, a figure that has remained roughly constant for the past three years.
Online advertising is the main way U.S. employers find workers.
- He said/She said: The legal risks of interviewing transgender applicants
- Lawsuit-proof hiring tactic: Develop a policy to post all jobs--and follow it
- Remind managers: Don't elicit secrets in interviews
- Keep data on employees' race separate
- Do not assume that only U.S. citizens are authorized to work here