The expansion of trend that’s gained momentum in recent years—now has become firmly entrenched in the HR profession, too.in lieu of higher base salaries—a compensation
A new Society for Human Resource(SHRM) survey of 88,000 HR professionals shows a “substantial rise” in the percentage of HR executives and HR managers who are eligible to receive incentive pay in 2007. (See box below for average pay for various HR positions.)
The good news: This trend shows that organizations increasingly value the skills and knowledge that HR pros bring to overall success. The bad news: Many HR generalists and lower-level HR staff are often left out of such bonus plans, according to SHRM’s 2007/2008 Survey Report on Human Resources Personnel Compensation.
Short-term vs. long-term incentives
Variable pay typically comes in one of two forms: short-te...(register to read more)
- Use better treatment of class members to counter discrimination lawsuit
- Accommodation can include FMLA leave to avoid OT
- If a resigning employee gives two weeks' notice, can we tell him not to bother coming in anymore?
- Problem Solved: Real People … Real HR Solutions, July '09
- Stimulus law adds COBRA subsidy, tax changes