Federal contractors must now pay workers at least $10.10 per hour. President Obama on Feb. 12 signed an executive order implementing the change, which becomes effective in 2015. It’s unclear how many employees will get a pay raise as a result of the order.
One 2013 survey by the National Employment Law Project found that 74% of service employees working for federal contractors earn less than $10 per hour.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use greater experience, extra skills to justify why you pay some employees more than others
- WHD snags nail salons for wage violations
- Raises lag behind inflation for first time in decades
- Philadelphia issues regs on mandatory paid sick leave