Minnesota-based Allianz Life Insurance of North America, the Mayo Clinic and General Mills made Fortune magazine’s 2014 list of America’s 100 best companies to work for.
Each year Fortune partners with the Great Places to Work Institute to identify top employers. This year the institute surveyed 257 companies and more than 252,000 employees.
Allianz, based in Minneapolis, ranked 47th in the nation, up from 59th last year. Employees noted the company’s charitable activities in the community and managerial support as reasons to work there.
The Rochester-based Mayo Clinic ranked 53rd in the nation. Several years ago, the clinic began a program of giving employees feedback on how their work helped save lives. Several other research hospitals have adopted similar programs.
Minneapolis-based cereal maker General Mills came in 64th in the nation. Employees there like the wide variety of training the company makes available to them to further their professional development.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Your favorite! Answers to 'What's the most bizarre thing you've ever experienced in a job interview?'
- WIU settles with coach who was fired after cancer diagnosis
- The HR I.Q. Test: November '13
- Should your no-smoking policy ban e-cigarettes?