One of the worst things you can do when you fire an employee is to provide shifting explanations for the discharge. The best approach: Talk to your lawyer before you terminate, to clarify exactly what your reasons are.
- Use progressive discipline system to build documentation that justifies termination
- Termination and the right to see records
- Warn managers: Angry statements could cause defamation, slander lawsuits
- Was accent on no accents at tony Princeton Club?
- Same incident, two punishments: Be able to explain why one was harsher