Legislation that would make it illegal to discriminate against job applicants who are unemployed has been introduced in the House and Senate.
The Fair Employment Opportunity Act of 2014 would prevent employers from refusing to consider an applicant merely because he or she is currently out of a job.
- New employee not working out? Have hiring manager handle the firing
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws to ignore
- Age-related laws: Liability lurks at both ends of spectrum
- Management Circa 1943: Is Your Workplace Still Stuck There?
- Job background check must comply with Fair Credit Reporting Act