Starting March 24, employers that have contracts with the federal government face new rules for managing workers who are disabled or military veterans.
One big change: You must invite applicants to identify their disability status at the time of application. And, once a year you must report the number of people with disabilities who apply and have been hired. The rules carry similar requirements for vets.
Read answers to the top 10 compliance questions about these rules.
- DOJ grant to fight employment bias along Mexican border
- Don't consider weight in hiring; obesity may qualify as a disability
- Keep selection process objective to ensure bias-Free hiring
- Set clear, easy-to-use processes so employees know about all promotion opportunities
- Hiring questions: What's off limits?