With the hiring of two minority women in December, the employee population of Deerfield Beach, Fla.-based Reagan Wireless is 90% minority.
The employer of 137, which resells and recycles mobile phones, tablets and accessories, seeks minority employees for staff andpositions, says President and CEO Daniel Kaufman, who notes that the diverse staff—some of whom are fluent in multiple languages—help tend to the company’s international clientele.
Kaufman also encourages workers to submit résumés from members of their immediate families, and he often hires the children of longtime employees. In fact, 14 parent-child employee pairs work for the organization.
Contact: Mark Hopkinson of Reagan Wireless, (561) 852-5767.
- Richard Sears on hiring & motivation
- Run outsourcing like a business; it'll boost HR's image
- Employee referrals take off as preferred hiring strategy
- Good news: The clock eventually runs out on negligent hiring after you've fired worker
- Should disabled workers be given job preferences under ADA? Supreme Court to decide