1. Of people caught embezzling from their workplace, more than two-thirds are women. Why the disparity?
a. Women feel they earn less than men
b. 90% of bookkeepers are women
c. Women usually commit crimes that involve no violence
2. Friday is the least productive day for employees, according to a survey of HR professionals. What is their most productive?
3. For 9-to-5 workers, what time of day is the least productive for employees, according to HR?
a. 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
b. Noon to 2 p.m.
c. After 4 p.m.
4. New federal court rules will help HR professionals in what way?
a. Limiting the personal liability that supervisors can suffer in employment cases.
b. Limiting the number company officials cited in employee lawsuits
c. Limiting the distance people have to travel for court depositions
5. Businesses on average pay $50,000 to defend slip-and-fall (“premise liability”) lawsuits. What percentage of such cases are won by the business?
6. HR pros and hiring managers say what color is the worst for job candidates to wear to interviews, as it is most likely to be considered unprofessional?
Sources: 1. Marquet International Report on Embezzlement; 2. Accountemps survey; 3. Accountemps survey; 4. TheHRSpecialist.com; 5. Jury Verdict Research; 6. CareerBuilder.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. c 5. c 6. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Boring Benefits? Perk 'Em Up With 10 Real-Life Solutions
- 13 applicants you don't want to hire (plus 7 tips for decoding resumes)
- Vacation policy: Keep benchmarks, formality in mind
- 11th Commandment: If employee truly believes, thou shalt accommodate