In a recent poll, adults were asked which of these statements they agreed with more: “Most people who want to get ahead can make it if they’re willing to work hard” or “Hard work and determination are no guarantee of success for most people”?
- Know the law: Simply taking FMLA leave doesn't necessarily mean worker is disabled
- There are complaints, then there are complaints: General gripes about unfairness aren't protected
- Even after election, you still need solid reason to discharge nonsupporters
- Employee wellness committees focus on community service
- Pay raises to stay flat in '08 while bonus plans take off