Can you predict how a potential job candidate will behave as an employee by the color of his or her clothes? CareerBuilder recently surveyed employers to get their opinions on what they see in the tones of the threads.
Many employers felt more conservative colors such as black, blue, gray and brown conveyed a sense of professionalism. Other key attributes they pointed to:
- Black –
- Blue – team player
- Gray – logical/analytical
- White – organized
- Brown – dependable
- Red – power
- Green, yellow, orange or purple – creativity
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Kevin eats all the good cookies!'... and 12 other weirdest complaints to HR
- Thanks but no thanks: How to safely reject job candidates
- White Employee Can Sue for Anti-Black Bias
- Our applicant turns out to be a transgender—can we revoke the job offer?