Meet your future C-suite execs. Leadership in the corporate suite is increasingly shared. Here are some new chiefs in the mix:
- chief security officer, to safeguard digital and physical operations;
- chief risk officer, to assess bets, protect against fraud and guard intellectual property;
- chief compliance officer, to make sure you stay in bounds;
- chief social media officer, to shape online presence;
- chief data officer, for big data.
— Adapted from “The Five Most Important C-Suite Execs Of The Future,” Debra Donston-Miller, Forbes.
A cautionary tale on change. Yahoo has sent a “corker of a memo” asking its employees to switch their email to the buffed-up Yahoo Mail. So far, only about a quarter of Yahoo employees have made the switch from Outlook. Yahoo execs need to ask themselves why even their own employees aren’t wild about the new mail program.
— Adapted from “Clinging to Outlook,” Kara Swisher, All Things D.
Another meeting? In one OfficeTeam poll, 45% of senior execs said their firms would be more productive if they banned all meetings at least one day a week.