Mobile applications can help keep your boss a sane, secure and happy traveler. TechRepublic writer Jack Wallen shares five great travel apps for the savvy business traveler.
1. Plnnr. This itinerary app lets you choose a central geographical point of focus, such as your hotel, and then build out a list of restaurants, attractions and routes.
2. Packing List. Create reusable lists for everything you need to take on a trip using this app.
3. Tripit. This app allows you to forward confirmation emails for flights, hotels, car rentals and restaurants to your phone and generate an itinerary. Tripit also scans your Gmail account for travel plans and confirmations to add to your mobile itinerary.
4. Expensify. Expensify lets you use your phone’s camera to scan receipts, manage and edit expenses, and track your travel time and mileage.
It also lets you email expense reports and sync your bank card information.
5. AirBnB. This service allows you to book rooms and homes from residents in your travel location. No longer is your only option a corporate hotel chain, as AirBnB helps you feel at home wherever you are by connecting you with locals.
— Adapted from “Five Most Useful Apps for Travel,” Jack Wallen, TechRepublic.