State Rep. Seth Grove has proposed legislation law that would prohibit local municipalities from enacting mandatory leave requirements for employers. Grove’s move comes after Philadelphia’s City Council approved a paid leave ordinance, only to have Mayor Michael Nutter veto it.
Grove described sick leave ordinances as “unfair to small businesses.”
The law would make it illegal for local governments to mandate any leave not already required by state or federal law. Ordinances already in place would be grandfathered in. If passed, Pennsylvania would join 12 other states that have passed similar legislation.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Unspecified commission? Jury decides who to believe
- Can I regulate how our e-mail system is used for union matters?
- Be ready to come down hard on managers and supervisors who use ethnic slurs
- Get it in writing! You need consistent, persistent documentation