1. What’s the most preferred way that employees say they want to learn about their?
a. One-on-one meetings
b. Email from HR
c. Live presentation
2. The EEOC’s new strategic plan to ferret out systemic employment discrimination puts what kind of bias at the top of its target list?
a. Disability bias
b. Racial bias
c. Pay inequity
3. If Americans were taking a new job and had their choice, more would prefer:
a. A male boss
b. A female boss
c. Either one equally
4. In retail theft cases, which group was found to steal more merchandise (on a per-theft basis) when apprehended?
5. What employee age group reports they suffer the most workplace bullying?
a. Under age 30
6. New York recently cracked down on employers that were “Astroturfing,” meaning they:
a. Harassed customers who wrote bad reviews on their websites
b. Wrote fake customer reviews on their websites
c. Replaced office carpet with a synthetic grass product
Sources: 1. Jellyvision Lab/Olinger Group survey; 2. Forbes.com report; 3. Gallup poll (Male 35%, Female 23%, No preference 40%); 4. Hayes International survey (Employee average: $715; customer average: $129); 5. Workplace Bullying Institute poll; 6. The HR Specialist.
Answers: 1. a 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. b 6. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 5 warning signs of performance-review problems
- Does an employee have a right to 'correct' a discipline report that's going into her file?
- Start new year with thorough review of your sexual harassment policies and practices
- How to cope with dope: Recreational marijuana & the workplace