Extra-small employers in the Washington, D.C., area are offering some oversized benefits to their tiny staffs. Washingtonian magazine gave a shout-out to five of them:
- Coray Gurnitz Consulting contributes 20% of salary to each of its 12 full-time employees’ IRA accounts.
- Gynecologist Kathy Wolf takes her 13 employees on team-building trips to Disney World, Manhattan and other popular destinations.
- The owners of Monument Wealth donate $500 a year to each of their 11 employees’ favorite charities.
- Employees of property management firm Nest DC get unlimited time off and free memberships to a local bicycle-sharing service.
- Perks at Northern Virginia Orthodontics include free tickets to hockey games, trips to Las Vegas and regular chair massages.