Secretly hiring a head hunter to woo an ineffective employee and shepherd him or her through a job search culminating in placement elsewhere.
Head shunting is the epitome of passive-aggressive HR, since it’s oh-so-much easier to accept a resignation than fire someone. It’s often cheaper than handing out severance pay, too!
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Social networking is here to stay; it's time to amend your e-policies
- Before starting ADA accommodations process, ask basic question: Is this employee disabled?
- HR & the Slump: The 3 Big Trends Affecting Employee Relations
- The right way to prepare for layoffs … and some alternatives