Secretly hiring a head hunter to woo an ineffective employee and shepherd him or her through a job search culminating in placement elsewhere.
Head shunting is the epitome of passive-aggressive HR, since it’s oh-so-much easier to accept a resignation than fire someone. It’s often cheaper than handing out severance pay, too!
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 5 steps you must take to prevent and address sexual harassment
- When technological change means jobs are changing too, document the training you offer
- Quiet a legal storm: Close during weather emergencies
- Consider having a witness to employee meetings