Secretly hiring a head hunter to woo an ineffective employee and shepherd him or her through a job search culminating in placement elsewhere.
Head shunting is the epitome of passive-aggressive HR, since it’s oh-so-much easier to accept a resignation than fire someone. It’s often cheaper than handing out severance pay, too!
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/37382/workplace-lexicon-head-shunting "
- Job-seekers more willing to relocate these days
- REDA provides whistle-blower protection during some internal investigations, too
- Confidentiality provision may violate federal labor law
- Case study: Give workers the power to reshape their jobs and goals
- Wrap up 2013 right: What to check in your annual HR policy review