Secretly hiring a head hunter to woo an ineffective employee and shepherd him or her through a job search culminating in placement elsewhere.
Head shunting is the epitome of passive-aggressive HR, since it’s oh-so-much easier to accept a resignation than fire someone. It’s often cheaper than handing out severance pay, too!
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Time for a snap inspection: Make sure bulletin boards don't show signs of bias
- Resolving workplace conflict: 8 simple, smart strategies
- Back up even minor disciplinary action with solid records
- Trucking companies unload $50K to settle retaliation suit