The current owners of Angelo’s Pizza in Rouse’s Point on Lake Champlain will pay $35,000 to seven former female employees to settle sexual harassment charges dating back to the time of its previous owners.
The women claimed the prior owners regularly groped them and lewdly propositioned them. One of the owners allegedly forced a woman into a back room and fondled her.
The settlement agreement bars both the current and former owners from engaging in harassing behavior over the next three years. The former owners will be bound by the agreement in any new business venture in which they participate.
- Investigate before disciplining harassment victim
- Use proactive process to stop little digs from adding up to hostile environment
- What's our legal defense? Working here would be dangerous for ill applicant
- L.A. 'hostess' dancers sue for wage violations, harassment
- Don't count on EEOC to pay your legal bills