The current owners of Angelo’s Pizza in Rouse’s Point on Lake Champlain will pay $35,000 to seven former female employees to settle sexual harassment charges dating back to the time of its previous owners.
The women claimed the prior owners regularly groped them and lewdly propositioned them. One of the owners allegedly forced a woman into a back room and fondled her.
The settlement agreement bars both the current and former owners from engaging in harassing behavior over the next three years. The former owners will be bound by the agreement in any new business venture in which they participate.
- 10 minutes well-spent: Audit your employee bulletin board
- Think worker is lying about health? Ask before disciplining
- Jury awards $5.8 million verdict for age discrimination
- Don't overlook fresh evidence that the employee you fired deserved to go
- Long hair nets settlement in Taco Bell religious bias case