Exceptional teams rely on strong, fair and effective leaders to deliver results for their organizations. Christine Comaford, author of the new book SmartTribes (Portfolio Hardcover, 2013), says good team leaders can become great team leaders by following this code of conduct:
- Treat all employees fairly, respectfully and equally. Strive to avoid preferential treatment, reward on merit and hold everyone (including ourselves) accountable to the same set of standards. Everyone gets to speak up.
- Deal with issues directly with the person in question. No complaining about others behind their backs, passive-aggressive behavior or backstabbing of any type.
- Debate in the room, execute out of the room. Hold members accountable to each other for timely and quality results. Uphold the ideal that everyone is on the same team, giving the same message, focusing on execution and the victory that comes from it.
- Be a powerful creator. There are no victims, rescuers or persecutors on our team. Good teams leaders are outcome creators, insight creators, action creators.
- Keep your promises. Your word is your bond. Commit to anything you can deliver upon. Under-promise and over-deliver.
- Be the model of accountability and . Provide the example of ownership and stewardship that everyone can follow to success.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/37365/the-smart-team-leaders-code-of-conduct "