In today’s competitive job market, employers are looking for human resources professionals who keep up to date with the continuously changing employment laws and have top HR management skills. Online degrees and certificates are extremely helpful to busy HR pros who want to boost their skills and become even more of an asset to their organizations, or professionals who would like to start a career in human resources.
Business Management Daily’s editors have chosen their top five favorite schools that offer online degrees or certificate programs in HR.
“These programs are really important to helping HR pros build their skills and grow their careers,” says Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall.
Here are Business Management Daily editors’ top five picks for schools with online HR programs (in no particular order):
- Ashford University: Offers a bachelor of arts in Human Resources Management, which prepares students for jobs as business managers, human resources managers, HR generalists or specialists, and HR business analysts. Students learn about the ethic, legal and social factors that shape today’s workplace. The courses in this program cover a variety of subjects, including compensation and benefits, and recruitment and training.
- Michigan State University: Offers a master certificate in Strategic Human Resource Management. Students in the professional development program learn everything from HR management skills to methods for promoting high-performance talent.
- Penn State World Campus: Offers a master’s of professional studies in Human Resources and Employment Relations. The program covers human resources management, labor and employment law, and compensation, among other HR-related topics.
- University of Denver: Offers certificates and master’s degrees in both Global Human Resources and Human Resource Management and Development. The Global Human Resources programs examine the impact of world issues, laws and other international business topics as they relate to HR strategy. In the Human Resource Management and Development programs, students learn how to manage organizational change and other workplace issues.
- Walden University: Offers a certificate program and master’s degree in Human Resource Management. The certificate program helps students gain the skills necessary to managing a company’s employees with best practices in position planning, recruitment and retention. The master’s degree program provides students with the strategic, management, analytical and organizational skills necessary to being an HR professional. SHRM recognizes that the degree is fully in line with its 2011 edition of HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates, which helps define the standards for human resources education.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/37325/business-management-dailys-editors-choose-their-top-5-favorite-schools-that-offer-hr-programs "
- 5 proven steps to boost productivity and reduce stress
- What's Steve Jobs' Secret?
- Free executive summary will help professionals enhance their Microsoft Excel skills
- Career-building webinar April 25 in honor of Administrative Professionals Week will sharpen professionals' writing skills
- Updated edition of annual guide will help business owners protect holdings and save thousands in taxes