The career site Glassdoor.com does more than list available jobs. It also lets job-seekers submit questions they have been asked during hiring interviews.
Behold 10 of the weirdest questions posed in 2013:
- “If you were to get rid of one state in the U.S., which would it be and why?” (Asked by an interviewer at Forrester Research)
- “What songs best describes your work ethic?” (Dell)
- “What do you think about when you are alone in your car?” (Gallup)
- “How would you rate your memory?" (Marriott)
- “Name 3 previous Nobel Prize winners.” (BenefitsCONNECT)
- “How do you make a tuna sandwich?” (Astron Consulting)
- “What’s your favorite song? Perform it for us now.” (LivingSocial)
- “Calculate the angle of two clock pointers when the time is 11:50.” (Bank of America)
- “Pick two celebrities to be your parents.” (Urban Outfitters)
- “On a scale from one to 10, rate me as an interviewer.” (Kraft Food)
Find more offbeat questions, plus answers that candidates said they offered.