File this one under "ironic." Solano County (Calif.) disability services provider Pace Solano agreed to pay $130,000 to a job candidate who disclosed a partial paralysis in her hand during a pre-employment physical exam. The company refused to hire her because of her hand situation.
She had applied for the job at the encouragement of a Pace Solano employee who thought she would work well with their clientele, who are people with developmental disabilities.
The EEOC filed the suit on her behalf.
- How to discuss late hours without bringing up family obligations
- Fired for sexual harassment: Do you disclose it?
- Whoa! Never saw that one coming! You're not responsible for aberrant crime
- Control what you can: You can't stop all hostility
- Don't believe it: Employee facing discipline can't quit and then claim constructive discharge