It's not that you mind the cellphone use, it's that reggae loop coming from Jen's unattended phone.
An outright ban on cellphone use in the office will likely torpedo employee morale. The next best thing: Cut the obnoxious ringtones that inevitably annoy co-workers by instituting a vibrate-only rule.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Vague complaints not enough to trigger retaliation protection
- New worry serves as reminder to document discipline
- Check for retaliation before disciplining employee who requested ADA accommodations
- How can we make sure Halloween party costumes don't cross the line?