It's not that you mind the cellphone use, it's that reggae loop coming from Jen's unattended phone.
An outright ban on cellphone use in the office will likely torpedo employee morale. The next best thing: Cut the obnoxious ringtones that inevitably annoy co-workers by instituting a vibrate-only rule.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You can punish employees for improperly sharing salary information—in some cases
- You don't have to tell applicants how you'll screen for interviews
- When disciplining employees, pick one reason and stick with it
- Selling benefits: 7 ways to repackage your perks